Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Leaving Mayumba

My week here has flown and I wish I could stay longer! Below are a few more pics from my very nice stay here!

The living & working quarters at Mayumba national parkJacquie & Simon on the boat

Ant (short for Anthony!) with his barracuda

Tim in his happy place.
Pretty butterfly from the forest.


Today I'm flying to Libreville, tomorrow Nick and I will start a week of travel to Kango and Lambarene (in the interior) where there is the biggest market for manatee meat in Gabon. We will do market surveys and interview fisherman, hopefully get some genetics samples, as well as do some boat surveys of the river and very large lake. I don't think I'll have much internet access for the next week or so, but will post more news and pictures when I can. Cheers!

No comments: