Friday, November 30, 2007

SMM Conference

Now that most of my work for the conference is over, I have time to actually sit back and enjoy the rest of the talks. On Tuesday I presented my poster at the Sirenian Workshop and heard great talks from sirenian researchers from around the world. Yesterday I gave my spoken presentation at the main conference which was a bit nerve-wracking, but no tomatoes were thrown and I got good comments on it from many colleagues. The Wildlife Trust contingent at the conference includes me (obviously!), Martin Mendez (works with Franciscana dolphins and is doing his PhD at Columbia), Cyndi Taylor (Right Whale and manatee researcher and most patient friend who listened to me practicing my talk in our room ad nauseum), Alonso Aguirre (WT vet who works primarily with sea turtles in Mexico, and we also worked at the Monk Seal Project together years ago), and Pablo Bordino (Franciscana dolphin Project Leader from Argentina).

2 comments:

Unknown said...

GO LUCY!! Nice work (I'm sure you remember that I hate public speaking too) and I'm glad you've had a good time so far. Keep the great photos & stories coming! xoxo, T

Lucy said...

For those of you who have emailed me about the drink in my hand- the poster sessions are held during cocktail hour so the beer is legit! :-)

Cheers!