Tuesday, December 30, 2014
Happy New Year!!
Big things are coming for the African manatee project in 2015! These include:
- continuing development of long-term study sites and partnerships in Senegal
- in collaboration with the USFWS, I'll begin a new two year training program for manatee graduate students from Central Africa, called MENTOR Manatee
- continuation of support for our projects in Cameroon, Gabon, Nigeria, and Mali
- work on 7 manatee scientific manuscripts...hopefully several will be published in 2015!
- continuing African manatee population genetics in collaboration with colleagues at the USGS Sirenia Project
- and much more!
Wishing everyone a successful and happy 2015!